Thursday, August 9, 2018

RSPB Dungeness 7/8/18

Today I  went to RSPB Dungeness to see what I would be able to see.

We started by going into the visitor centre to see what had been seen recently because this was my first here. From the visitor centre there was a Common Sandpiper, Egyptian Goose and some juvenile Herring Gulls.
                                                     Common Sandpiper

We then went to the dipping pond where there was constant Common Tern flying over I also found my first ever Grass Snake and my first Marsh Frogs which there was lots of in the pond.
                                                     Common Tern
                                                                      Grass Snake.
Marsh Frog

 We then walked to the Firth Hide. Where two Black Terns were reported. I walked in and there was three Common Sandpiper, a Lesser-Black Backed Gull, a bunch of Common Terns, a distant Yellow Wagtail flew over and five Ringed Plover and a Lapwing. At one point all the terns and Gulls flew up and then when they all landed I found the Black Tern which must of flew in when all the gulls and terns were up. This was a year tick for me which put me at 201 for the year.
                                                                           Lapwing
                                                                           Ringed Plover
                                                                             Black Tern.                                                                    We then went to the next to hide however there wasn't much however there was a juvenile Water Vole by the door of the hide.
We then went to the Christmas Dell hide where there was just some Great Crested Grebe and a Little Grebe. On the way to the way to the Denge Marsh Hide I found a Lesser Emperor which was a new dragonfly species for me.
When we arrived at the Denge Marsh Hide there was a Blue Tailed Damselflies which was another new species for me. When we walked into the hide there was four Great White Egret about ten Common Snipe and a Green Sandpiper. After a few minutes another two Great White Egrets flew in and there was six sitting next to each other.
We then walked back round to the visitor centre and on the way I found another Grass Snake.
Thanks for reading. I highly encourage anyone who hasn't been to go to RSPB Dungeness in Kent.

No comments:

Post a Comment